Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

steam reaflection

Name……Caedance……………………………..      Date ……………18.09.18……………………..
STEAM - TERM 3
- Coding (Snap4Arduino) and Arduino Boards
In Term 3, the students have been continuing their STEAM learning using the STEAM Electronics kits. They have been learning how to block code using the program Snap4Arduino. The purpose of this learning has been for the students to control one or more LED lights on an electronic arduino board using code. Each week the coding expectation increased and the students showed perseverance in achieving successful outcomes!
Learning Goal 1. To make an LED blink off/on by controlling voltage from 0V to 5V by programming the Arduino.
Learning Goal 2.  To change the speed of blinking to such a high rate that the LED appears to be dimmer.
Learning Goal 3. To make the LED fade on and off by varying the voltage


2018 - Term 3 STEAM - ‘Coding and Arduino Boards’ Reflective Questions
  1. What was I learning and why?

Me and my partner were learning how to make a led [light emitting diode]

blink alternatively using snap 4 aurduino and a electrical breadboard .

  1. What did I do well and how do I know?

I did the code well because I knew exactly what code
blocks I needed and how to organize them into the
right places.


  1. What challenged me ……?

The thing that challenged me the most was probably the wiring
because it was tricky to get them in the right places and connecting
them to the breadboard plus putting the wires in ground and five volt
and to put the led in the right place.

  1. What would I do differently next time to make my learning more successful ….. ?

Next time I think I could read the instructions on how to tell where the places
are.and use the diagram

  1. What have I enjoyed about the learning?
I liked having the feeling of being able to code wire up a breadboard and being able to do something a year 10 can do


2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Tristan from Tautoro School. I really like how your learning how to code because that's what where doing as well. Maybe you can improve on how you post your things, all you do is go to file then scroll down to "publish to the web" then copy the link and post. Well done and keep up the hard work. What do you like about coding ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tristan thank you for the advice I told you what I liked at the bottom.
      kind regards,
      Caedance

      Delete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.