Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

my reap speech 2018

Kia ora, ko Caedance toku ingoa ko Jamie brown Raua ko kelly paice oku matua ko turipuku te tupuna orunga ko mrs davan toku kaiako ko sir toku taumaki. I believe that strong values  are way more important than academic achievement. What is a strong value? What is academic achievement? Can brainy people act dumb? Absolutely. Who do you remember the most? The brainy kids? Or the ones that are nice to you? For me it’s the nice ones what about you?
NOW!!! What is a strong value? My values at school are Excellence , diversity , integrity, community & partnership & last of all caring for the environment and there you have it EDICE. These values are what we live by at Paparore. We are proud and passionate at Paparore. A person with strong values is a good person with a high standard of behaviour. At school, I value integrity and diversity the most, but at home? Not so much. Especially when my brother annoys me.
What is academic achievement? It is when you do well in school. Good grades, trophies, certificates, scholarships to university and much more. Or in other words, really smart people. But it is possible that a really smart person can sometimes be a bad person.
Did you know about some guy called Thomas Edison versing some guy called Tesla. They both discovered electricity. Tesla discovered the AC current and Thomas discovered  the DC current but however Tesla’s invention was better than Thomas’s and Thomas got jealous. So this guy called Thomas, he killed puppys with Tesla’s invention. Why? Thomas obviously valued himself more than he valued a living creature. O. M. G. I’m grateful for electricity and all that, but killing puppies? A BIG NO NO.
As for Tesla, he believed that only smart people should create infants. (*quiet voice* It’s another way of saying, “make babies.”) He thought that if only smart people had babies, the world would be full of smart people. But then there would be hardly any children though.
The kind of people I look up to are people like Cariss, Stevie and our other nominees for the Sir Peter Blake award and Paige a senior role model that I looked up to when I was in Te Kakano . I look up to them because of their strong value’s. They show all of the school’s values even when they are out in the community. The values they showed that stood out for me are diversity, integrity  and striving for excellence. They accept that other people are different and do the right thing even when no one is looking. They are kind,compassionate and they set good examples for me to follow. I don’t know if they’re smart or not.
Being smart doesn’t necessarily make you a good person. Some smart people think they know it all but no one likes a know it all. You should acknowledge that you still have lots to learn and you can stay open to learning new things.that is why I think strong values are way more important    than academic achievement thank you for listing no reira tena kouto tena koato katoa

1 comment:

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.